Next Class—10/19—MIDTERM
We
will have our midterm crit on everyone’s work (meaning no work time, only one,
long crit). Bring ALL the work you’ve done for this class this semester. If you
have any idea development in a sketchbook or elsewhere you would like me to consider
as part of your work for this class, please bring it and be prepared to leave
it with me.
Blogs
will be graded starting 10/19, so that is your deadline for making sure they are
up to date.
I plan to post grades to Blackboard in order to get them to you as soon as
possible (I’m not allowed to email grades for some reason). I’ll email to let
you know when they are ready on Blackboard.
Thinking Assignment for
10/19
What
artwork would you want to do if you had no fears of failure, no worries about
cost? What’s the best artwork you can imagine doing? Describe it.
Additional Thinking
Assignment for 10/22 (a few days after our midterm crit)—Midterm Self-evaluation.
(Skip
artist research for 10/19 because you have two thinking assignments)
BE
SURE TO COMPLETE BY 10/22—I need this to complete midterm grading. It’s fine to
email to me rather than post to your blog.
Write
a midterm self-evaluation of your work thus far. What are you happiest with,
and least satisfied with? What are your hopes, ideas, strategies and plans for
the future? These questions are to get you started-- feel free to write about
whatever makes sense to you. You may address process and thinking as much as
product.
Please complete this after your midterm critique so that you will have thought about the feedback you received. You do not need to write about the critique in any way unless you wish.
I will wait until I have read your self-evaluation to write my own comments, so do not be late with this.
Please complete this after your midterm critique so that you will have thought about the feedback you received. You do not need to write about the critique in any way unless you wish.
I will wait until I have read your self-evaluation to write my own comments, so do not be late with this.
Midterm Blog Checklist—you can
find full explanations on our class blog and the syllabus
1. First, You should have six
weeks’ worth of independent artist research, including at least one “quality”
post for each week. Examples of “quality” posts are on the class blog.
2. Next, you should have
responses to all the weekly thinking assignments. Here’s a list (be sure to
look up actual assignment):
9/7—1. Important (to you) artists of the
past, 2. Goals this semester, 3. Plans for at least a starting point for your
independent body of work
9/14—“Old” artists
9/21—Impressive Art
9/28—What would you steal?
10/4—Response to quote
10/12—What if your work were
installation, sculpture, video, etc.?
10/19—What artwork would you want to do?
10/22—Midterm Self-Evaluation
No comments:
Post a Comment